Living with Fibromyalgia "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!"


Let me start by saying "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!"

Before I was even diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I thought that there was something severely wrong with me. I mean how could I have this deep intense pain all over my body every day! I mean if felt like a cross between having the flu body aches combined with the arthritis pains. I just kept thinking to myself I'm going crazy, am I ever going to feel better?!?!

Luckily for me, I have an amazing (PCP) Primary Care Physician!! I don't know what I would do without her!! I love her, I can tell her how I'm feeling, I can cry, laugh and she completely understands me. She doesn't judge me, but most of all she is helping me get all the help that I need.
I mean, depression was kicking in and I felt like I was just sinking into this deep dark hole that I was getting consumed by.

I'm being treated by my PCP, Rheumatologist, Pain Management Dr and I'm waiting on trying to see a Psychologist. I'm taking more medications that I can even think of and they are getting changed almost constantly to see what works best because my body just seems to adjust to quickly to the medication.  Recently, I have found that Ashwagahnda and Rhodiola have helped immensely with not only my anxiety, depression and pain but I have noticed a much needed boost in my energy when I take them. I take them each 2 times a day.

"YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!"  Friends and family members try to understand or say that they do BUT honestly they will NEVER really understand how hard it is to be in pain every single day. How hard it is to ask your children not to touch you or even snuggle on the really bad days. I have learned and am coming to accept who my real friends are and who are just the "GOOD TIME FRIENDS."  Trust me you will learn to live with those that you've lost.

Today was one of those days, it was a REALLY BAD DAY. I mean one of those days that you just cannot get out of bed even if they offered you a million dollars. I can’t even begin to describe how horrible I felt. How badly I feel when I have to change plans and things around constantly because of how I feel and especially how disappointed I feel for disappointing not only others but most of all my two wonderful boys!!

I would love to find fibromyalgia support groups, so that I could actually speak to others that can make sense and understand Fibromyalgia and all of its multitude of symptoms.

Pinterest has become my go to - on learning more and more about the symptoms, what changes in lifestyle I should make and what things seem to help, even if  only a little. Even if only to help with the pain, so I can deal with it.

I will continue to write about MY Journey with Fibromyalgia. I will try to help you get through it as well!! I will post links, recipes that help the pain and anything and everything else that I can get my hands on!!!!


Feel free to comment and share your findings as well.


We will get through this, one step at a time, one day at a time, because "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!"

Comments

Popular Posts